The SARACON is an extremely versatile software tool for sampling frequency and format conversion. Supported sampling frequencies include all the standard digital audio sampling frequencies like 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz, DXD, DSD64 and finally DSD128.
The output word-length can be set to 16, 20, 24 or 32 Bits fixed point, or to 32 or 64 Bits IEEE floating point. Plus DSD. The word-length reduction uses flat TPDF dithering as well as any of the three POW-R dithering algorithms.
In terms of file formats as input or output SARACON shines with a plethora of supported formats, including wav, aiff, au, bwf, sd2, caf, paf, mat, raw, dsdiff, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis. The number of channels is unlimited in a PCM to PCM or DSD to PCM conversion, while it is limited to six in a PCM to DSD conversion.
The conversion algorithms are based on our several decades long experience with sampling frequency converters. The user interface is tidy and a simple – as one would expect from a professional tool. A sine wave generator is built in for testing purposes.
The DSD version of the SARACON sports some additional, DSD specific features like an extensive DSD conversion analysis with log files, selectable interpolation/decimation filter sets, flexible input to output channel routing, different modulators, each with its own options like gain, dithering etc.. Note: All DSD specific features are supported by the SARACON-DSD version only.
– Support for all major audio formats including wav, aiff, au, caf, sd2, mat, raw
– Compressed formats: FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis
– RF64 and BWF support with meta data transfer
– All major PCM number formats supported: fixed point (16, 24, 32 Bits), float and double)
– Sampling frequencies supported: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz, DXD, DSD64 (2.8224 MHz), DSD128 (5.6448 MHz)
– Choice of different modulators for DSD generation (low, medium and high order)
– Time reference transfer between BWF and DSD and vice versa
– Tag transfer for certain formats
– Heavily optimized for sse2 enabled processors with multiple cores
– Unlimited number of channels, files and jobs
– Up-sampler characteristics selectable (different interpolators)
– Different modulators selectable, each with its own options like gain, dithering etc.
– Flexible input to output channel routing
– Selectable interpolation/decimation filter sets for DSD conversion
– TPDF, POW-R1, POW-R2 and POW-R3 dither algorithms
– PCM to PCM and DSD to PCM conversions better than −180 dB THD+N
– PCM to DSD conversions −159.4 dB (CRFB10)
– Smart batch modes to interleave several different mono input file sets into multichannel files
– Super batch conversion to keep the workstation busy overnight or over the weekend
– Non volatile signal monitoring for PCM to DSD conversion
– Log file/window for documentation of conversion processes
– Extensive DSD Conversion analysis
– Non-volatile level/peak meter and history with full featured viewer
– Dithered test signal generator for PCM
– Test signal generator for DSD
Command line interface
– Complete command line interface for automation with bash scripts or from other tools