CMIT 52 June 202213 June 2022
2.069,00€ 21% TAX included
Shotguns of Schoeps’ CMIT series combine high sound quality and high directivity.
A shotgun microphone (interference tube) is a higher-order, frequency-dependent directive microphone. It achieves its directivity only from mid frequencies up, while at low frequencies it is comparable to a supercardioid.
– Unusually low coloration of off-axis sound
– Suitable for music recording as well as dialogue
– Rotationally symmetrical polar pattern
– Even greater immunity to wind noise than a SCHOEPS supercardoid
– Very lightweight, robust all-metal housing
The sound quality of the CMIT 5 remains consistent even if the microphone is rotated on its axis, since its directional pattern is the same in both the vertical and horizontal planes.
Three pushbutton-activated filters allow the microphone to adapt to the recording situation:
– High-frequency emphasis (+5 dB at 10 kHz) enhances speech intelligibility, and compensates for high-frequency loss caused by windscreens;
– A steep low-cut filter (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses wind and boom noise;
– A gentle low-frequency rolloff (6 dB/oct. below 300 Hz) compensates for proximity effect.
Pairs of LEDs next to each pushbutton indicate the status of the filters. Even in darkness the user can read the settings and see that the microphone is operational. The settings are retained when the microphone is switched off.
The capsule and amplifier of the CMIT 5 are built as a single unit, unlike microphones of the SCHOEPS Colette series.
Pickup pattern Supercardioid / lobe-shaped
Frequency range 40 Hz – 20 kHz
Sensitivity -35 dB (V/Pa), 18 mV/Pa
Equivalent noise level (A-weighted) 13 dB
Equivalent noise level (CCIR) 24 dB
Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted) 81 dB
Maximum sound pressure level (THD < 0.5 %) 131 dB-SPL (P48)
Maximum output voltage 1.3 V (2.5 dBV) with 1 kΩ load
High shelf filter switchable, +5 dB at 10 kHz
Low cut filter switchable, 80 Hz, 18 dB/oct.
Proximity filter switchable, 300 Hz, 6 dB/oct.
Minimum recommended load impedance 1 kΩ
Output impedance 50 Ω
Maximum cable length > 400 m
SCHOEPS RFI Shield Yes
Powering standard/Valid range P48/>34 V
Current consumption 4.4 mA (P48)
Common mode rejection ratio (at 1 kHz) > 65 dB
Output XLR-3M, analog, 1 channel
Length 251 mm
Diameter 21 mm
Weight 95 g
Surface finish blue or custom color